NSDSP ProgrammerCompare Models NSDSP Chip NSDSP-1-UX NSDSP-2-X NSDSP-1-3V3 NSDSP-1-5V NSDSP-1-U NSDSP-1-I NSHVX - HVP Extension Connection Function Programming Debugging USB-to-UART Configuration Speed ICSP Cable Software for NSDSP Source Code SDK Supported Devices
- Easy - uses HID USB class and does not require any special drivers to operate.
- Can program and debug most Microchip PIC® microcontrollers.
- A variety of free software programs can be used to configure and control NSDSP. The software can be used for development as well as production programming, including serialized or parallel programming.
- Operating speed is configurable. If the connection between NSDSP and the target PIC device is good, you can use the highest signaling speed - 6MHz. If you need to use longer cable, or the connection is poor, you can operate NSDSP at lower speeds, as low as 50kHz.
- Each NSDSP device has a unique serial number. This allows multiple devices to be connected to the host computer at the same time.
- NSDSP does not require firmware changes. The same firmware works for all supported PIC devices.
- Standard Microchip 6-pin ICSP® connector for programming.
- At run time, NSDSP can work as UART-to-USB converter for the target PIC (as well as for any other device) with speeds from 1200 baud to 2Mbaud.
- Some of the NSDSP models allow running the target PIC without imposing restriction on use of PGD/PGC pins as inputs or outputs.
- Most of the NSDSP models can supply up to 200mA of USB power to the tareget circuit.
There are six NSDSP models. Two of them are handheld programmers in sturdy polycarbonate enclosure:
The other four are PCB programmers. They use 10-pin ICSP plus UART connector. The connector keeps the programmer firmly in the breadboard for prototyping, or the programmer can be directly soldered into the programming rig during production. The programmers differ by the supported voltage levels.
In addition, you can purchase pre-programmed NSDSP chips and mount NSDSP directly onto your production board. This is not only a cost effective alternative to USB bootloader, but also works as a USB-to-UART converter for your PIC application.
© 2007-2021 Northern Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.